Sunday 25 January 2015

Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Gloss Review

Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Gloss in Pink Apricot

This is a lip gloss from Soap & Glory that claims to use plumping microspheres to visibly increase the volume of the lips.

I have purchased this product in several different versions over the years, the one pictured above is Pink Apricot. Pink Apricot is a translucent peach colour that is fairly heavily scented and apparently chocolate orange flavoured (although I'd rather have a Terry's Chocolate Orange).

These lip glosses are pretty sticky but apply easily. Upon application a tingly sensation begins, this is the supposedly plumping properties kicking in. Personally I don't see any increase in volume using this product but (strangely) I enjoy the tingly sensation anyway! I like the glossiness even though this is a particularly sticky formula. This tends to last on my lips much longer than most lip glosses.

Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Gloss in Pink Apricot


Summary

Pros
  • Tingly sensation (which is probably a love or hate effect).
  • Lost lasting gloss.
  • Good variety of shades.
Cons
  • No noticeable plumping effect on lips.
  • Heavily scented/flavoured - personally not a plus for me!
Cost: £9.00 for 7ml (you can often get these on 3 for 2 in Boots!)

Application: Very easy.

Staying power: Good! The glossiness last a few hours for me.

Good value for money?: When bought on offer I think these are good value.

Would I repurchase?: Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment