Sunday 25 January 2015

Divaderme Lash Extender - Lashes in a Bottle Review

Divaderme Lash Extender Lashes in a Bottle
My lashes are pretty average in length. I like the look if fuller, longer lashes but can't be bothered with applying tricky false lashes so I purchased "Lashes in a bottle" hoping this could be the answer.

Divaderme claim these are natural and enriched fibres that can be instantly brushed on to your lashes for dramatic length and volume.

To use the lash extender I apply one coat of whichever mascara I'm using at the time ("wetter" mascaras work best to grab the fibres). Whilst this coat is still wet you use apply the fibres to your lashes using the wand which will have thousands of the tiny hairs all over it. Fibres do tend to fall on to my cheeks but as I always do my eye make-up first this is not an issue, I simply brush away lose fibres afterwards. I then apply a second coat of my mascara which then seals in the Lash Extender fibres.

(You can see some of the tiny black fibres on the wand and around the lid - messy!)

For me, this does create extra volume and length over and above that achieved from mascara alone. I do worry about the fibres falling into my eyes, but so far this has not occurred. I have not found any issues with this causing my mascara to be flakey. I do not use this on a daily basis, I tend to save it for going out or special occasions when I want a bit more impact.

Summary

Pros
  • Adds volume and length.
  • Quick and easy to apply.
  • Reasonably priced - one tube will last!
Cons
  • Messy! Fibres fall out of the tube upon opening and on to face during application.
Cost: Around £10.00 for a 9ml tube.

Application: Easy and quick but slightly messy.

Good value for money?: Yes.

Would I repurchase?: Yes, although I think this bottle will last for some time.



No comments:

Post a Comment